Kenya Moses is the founder and principal health and fitness coach of Be A Fit Mama, Inc., based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Kenya’s mission is to share her extensive health and fitness knowledge and experience working with women to help you become a healthier, more energetic and happier woman. She also regular on-air talent for Livestrong.com and Ehow.com, a professional dancer and is the San Francisco Cardio Examiner.
Kenya is dedicated to the empowerment of women through health and fitness. Her philosophy is: Be Inspired, Be Confident, Be Fit.
TrainingTips.com: What advice would you give to someone interested in doing their first clean eating detox? What resources would you recommend that they use to build their clean eating plan?
Kenya: I would advise anyone interested in embarking on their first clean eating detox to first mentally prepare for the journey. You must recognize that your body will go through a series of sensations and eliminations, and may become challenging at times, as you are trying to cleanse and make positive changes in your body. For a clean eating detox the most important things to remember are:
– Drink plenty of water (ideally purified), 8-10 cups per day
– Eat a plethora of fresh fruits and vegetables (ideally non GMO organic)
– Eat only fresh foods.; so no pre-prepared, packaged or fast foods.
– Exercises regularly
There are many great supplements that can help throughout your clean eating detox. A few of my favorites include:
– Psyillium Husks: Psyllium is the seed of a grain grown in India and is known for as being a source of soluble dietary fiber. It is an excellent intestinal cleanser since it can both soften and add bulk to the stool.
– A high-quality multi-vitamin and mineral: The multi-vitamin and mineral will ensure that the body receives all the nutrients it needs to detoxify. Choose a vitamin that is derived from foods, not synthetic chemicals.
– A high-quality Green Food Supplement: A Green Food Supplement contains nutrients, chlorophyll and phytochemicals to help support the cleansing process and creating new, healthy cells. Choose a green food supplement that is free of preservatives and artificial sweeteners for best results.
[Tweet “Embark on your first clean eating detox via @beafitmama #TrainingTips”]